Sign in to follow this  
dbkiwi

Nice E30 M3 for sale on Trade Me

Shame it's got the hideous US bumpers?

You bought one yet or still looking for the 'perfect' one?

You're right, the US-thing makes it less than perfect. Still on the lookout, but I bought an E30 M325i that I love.

It is indeed a very nice example of the E30 M3, I went to look at this car a couple of years back when it was last up for sale. It was very, very tidy not totally mint but with a little work would be right up there. Lots of history and lots of money spent on keeping it up to scratch. Not sure what has been done since then, but it's the same guy selling it so no reason why that wouldn't have continued and from the km's it's hardly been used in that time.

The spec is a little strange as it has the US bumpers, suggesting a US-spec car, but the dog-leg box from the Euro version (may well have been changed at some point). I didn't dig too deeply as it was really a fact-finding mission for me.

I'm looking for a realistically pirced ratty one that would be a good base to build up into a race-car, of which there appear to be very few in the world, let alone NZ. <_<

Edited by E30 325i Rag-Top

^^True, but last time I looked they were nearly all in the USA = hideous bumpers and US spec = down on power IIRC?

I might be being a bit too fussy, but I still didn't see anything that was tatty but solid if you know what I mean, they were either great condition or complete basket cases. Buying a rough unseen scares me a little as parts are hard to get and can be very pricey and I am not an expert on the M3 by any stretch. Maybe a buying trip to the US of A is in order?

Edited by E30 325i Rag-Top