arros

1996 540i

E39 540

4.4 v8

143, 000km

Good overall condition

Well looked after

Price $7950 ono

Hopefully people see this as a fair price...?

Would do a deal on a good lowish k's 4WD (not SUV)

Shameful repetition of trademe ad below:

Remote windows/sunroof with key operation

3x driver position memory-seats/mirror

2 way 1 touch sun roof

One touch power windows (obstruction controlled)

Rain sensing wipers

Steerng wheel control stereo/cruise cont

Electric rear blind

Heated front seats

Engine and transmission in very good nic. TV works fine

Tranmission is v smooth and has obviously been treated well. Sport and Tiptronic manual mode give the car some real get-up-n-go

New WOF (AA testing station with no issues found) Always taken car to testing stations

Always run on 96 Octane in the 1 1/2 years I have owned it. Previous guy told me he did too

Imported in NZ in 2002 so has had over half it's life in NZ

Tyres are very good-80-90% tread.

Alloys I had resprayed couple of wheels have minor curbing- nothing significant (generally in nice condition)

Body is in nice condition. Couple of minor dings (not very noticable). Had the car professionally polished over a year ago plus has a Dura seal paint protection on it (still has year warrantly from memory).

Interior leather is pretty good- no rips/tears. Condition while not excellent is in keeping with age. Drivers seat bolster shows wear (but that is fairly common) All electric seat controls work as does passenger side reversing mirror

Everything works. Only minor faults: outside temperature sensor faulty, rear passanger bottle holder broken and couple of tears on rear internal door lining. Front cup holders fixed.

Service records are reasonably good while not complete. BMWorkshop (mostly) and Bellars have service records if you want to enquire about the car. Inspections are no problem. Serviced about 2 months ago. New spark plugs about a year ago.

Comes with 2 keys- one master that works central locking remotely the other a standard key. Also have the owner handbook

Reason for selling. Have 2 kids and am looking at a 4WD

Trademe link

edit: price dropped

Edited by arros

Not wanting to rain on your parade, but you may need to be flexible with the price a wee bit.

I sold my 1996 540i recently with 110ks for $ 7500 and my brother sold his 1996 with 105ks last weekend for $6250

Petrol prices make these a little harder to sell <_<

Good luck with the sale thou

Edited by camera doctor

Not wanting to rain on your parade, but you may need to be flexible with the price a wee bit.

I sold my 1996 540i recently with 110ks for $ 7500 and my brother sold his 1996 with 105ks last weekend for $6250

things are slow eh,i expected a little more interest in my 535 too

Cool. Yes I'd say I do need to be flexible on price.

Pricing a car is toss up between pricing it 'higher' so there is decent room for negotiation versus pricing is at the price you want and being offered significantly less. Then there is always a $1 reserve you one want's to sell quick.

As an aside: what works better- fixed price offer, add 'ono' and clearly state your willingness to negotiate or an online auction which tends to generate more interest due to the obvious finality but less time for people to view car.

I would say if someone is genuine they will come and view the car and negoiate from there, therefore advert with ono is the way I go.

Specally as you are open to swaps / trades, a $1 auction would just get messy !

Good Luck.

Cool. Yes I'd say I do need to be flexible on price.

Pricing a car is toss up between pricing it 'higher' so there is decent room for negotiation versus pricing is at the price you want and being offered significantly less. Then there is always a $1 reserve you one want's to sell quick.

As an aside: what works better- fixed price offer, add 'ono' and clearly state your willingness to negotiate or an online auction which tends to generate more interest due to the obvious finality but less time for people to view car.

auction in itself has the same issues with initial pricing,do you start with low start price and a higher reserve or does a higher reserve also put people off?

auction in itself has the same issues with initial pricing,do you start with low start price and a higher reserve or does a higher reserve also put people off?

I Always do S=R at my bottom dollar for the vehicle and a 'Dreaming' Buy now. That way people know where they stand, and if someone decides they want it there and then, then they can.

Its a bit disheartning though when it dosent sell at bottom dollar :(

Really!

Wow, how were they sold? Via trademe?

I took 7.5k to turners maybe 4 months back looking at buying a 97 540i and the bidding ended up finishing just over 9k! It had more than 100k on the clock and wasn't as nice as the OP's too. Suprising how fast the price has dropped!!

Was thinking the same thing. Will be selling my truck I think in the next few weeks ;)