Sign in to follow this  
martyyyn

Bluetooth audio for a headunit

What are peoples opinions on using bluetooth to play their music ?

I have a Nexus One and currently have a cheap docking station powered by a ciggie lighter usb adapter hardwired in behind the center console. I plug a 3.5mm to RCA into the jack on the phone into the headunits aux in. It all works brilliantly except for having to plug the RCA into the phone when I get in and out.

Ive just bought an official Nexus docking station which has audio out with the idea I should just be able to sit the phone in the dock now and job done. But even though the phone is in the dock it uses bluetooth to transfer the music from the phone to the dock and it sounds awful.

Its quiet, there is sod all bass and it sounds like Im listening to music inside a tin can.

So having never heard a system doing bluetooth transfer is this what it usually sounds like ? Im just trying the phone with a set of Koss PortaPros in the phone's jack and the dock's jack and it sounds even worse..

Any ideas/opinions ?

I can just play music via bluetooth on the dynavin unit in mine and it sounds fine and mine is just a sony ericsson c510.

I'm using a dice bluetooth media bridge with my factory stereo and works great. I actually bought it intending to use the USB with my iPhone for music because i thought bluetooth for music would be crap but tried it out and it works really well.

Having said that i have used some truly horrible bluetooth devices in the past.