Sign in to follow this  
isis

Anybody running Dice

I have the Sat nav 16:9 screen and wanting to pick up an IPOD integration kit

Been reading heaps on the net & forums.

Seems like there are only 3 options out there -

1)BMW kit - limited functionality

2)Dice Silverline - ok functionality with a good price

3) Intravee - some says its the Alpine unit is no longer being manufactured & the most expensive.

Am about to order the Dice unit & was wondering if anybody else is running it in their cars?

Not too fuss about track selection/playlist as i usually just have it on shuffle.

Any feedback from Kiwi users would be great!

Cheers

I have one in my E46 - bloody brilliant. The only issue I've seen was some engine interference which was sorted by moving the unit around. Oh, and my stereo only recognises up to either 80 or 99 songs (can't remember which) - after that the next time you restart it loses where you were and goes back to song 1. Both are insignificant compared ot the benefits...

Get one.

I have the DICE unit in my E39

1st unit kept locking up and displaying ' Detached' but was quickly replaced no charge.

I use with iphone 4, and it gets the 'imcompatible' message, but just ingore that.

I do find that there is a real sequence to follow, if you plug in before you start the car, the iphone goes into 'accessory' mode and you cannot select tracks via the iPhone, but if you plug it in later you can ( Even though there are DIP switches on the DICE unit to control this, they do not seem to help! )

The other thing I get, is if iPhone is not on shuffle, when you press the steering wheel buttons, you get a pause, then a few seconds of the song you are already listening to, THEN it changes to next track !

Finally, if you have Nav, when use use the NAV rotary dial, it changes tracks :)

But, I guess, since it allows 2010 tech to be used in a 2002 car, it works pretty well!

I also had a DICE unit in my E39 and it was awesome.

Really easy to install yourself too.

ive got a Dice Mediabridge 1500 (w/ Bluetooth)

Works well, has AUX, USB/IPOD and Bluetooth connection methods. Comes with a External mic that you mount for the handsfree.

Sound quality is good.

It is not the best thing in the world to control, you are pretty much limited to Fwd/back track, answerphone and volume, unless you want to memorise some stupid button combinations.

The Text to Speech function is pretty useless (i turned it off).

Firmware on this model is upgradeable.

If you want to see it working you can have a look at mine ... however ive got the standard stereo ... no monitor.

Where did you guys pickup your sets? Im looking at EAS.com or bsw.com as the support on some of the forums on them seem quite good.

I was looking at the media bridge as well, but i 'think' my car comes standard with bluetooth..will find out soon..cheers

http://gadgets4u.co.nz is where i got mine. about $440 (bit steep IMO but there isnt really a cheaper option)

i dont think BSW ships internationally?

What year car do you have? personally i havnt seen any with bluetooth from factory just the factory phone, and im pretty sure it would have "Telephone" in the menu if it did? (someone correct me if im wrong)

Mine came from Richard at gagdets for you also.

The USA sellers are cheaper ...BUT .. most want US $50 + postage, whihc brings price in line with Richard, plus if if fails like mine did, at least you have a NZ contact.

I too would be surprised if your car has Bluetooth, but I guess the previous owner may have fitted it.

I am going thru the motions to get Bluetooth on my E39 at the moment, and it is gonna cost in the region of $1000 for ULF version 13 based system.

I also got mine from Richard at gadgets4u.co.nz

He was great, and I'd suggest someone locally in case you need warranty claims. Much easier.

05 e53 which i have been told has BT as standard. Picking it up this Friday - will know more than!!

$440 is steep considering it only cost US150!

05 e53 which i have been told has BT as standard. Picking it up this Friday - will know more than!!

$440 is steep considering it only cost US150!

would like to see you get a MB-1500 in the country for US150 i suspect you are pricing a model which is not the media bridge.

"In 2005 the X5 got Bluetooth kits straight from the factory if ordered with the Premium Package."

So as long as you have the premium package and the car is 2005 Built (this is different to 2005 registered) you should be ok for bluetooth, you could probably just Hook up an AUX jack if you are going to be using a player (ipod) but if you want to run flash drives etc you will need an interface.

I wouldnt need the media bridge if i've got BT would i?

150 was just for the Dice Silverline

Its built in 2005 :) What does the premium package consist of?

its pretty much got every option tick would have at least thought it'll have it...

its pretty much got every option tick would have at least thought it'll have it...

should do if its fully tricked out ... im not sure if the bluetooth interface is capable of caring other audio or what kind of quality you would get if it did. Someone else can probably answer that.

Yes but yours is Jap origin - isn't it? If so - a different phone system to here

With factory bluetooth - add factory nav & you get voice control nav too :D

Where did you guys pickup your sets? Im looking at EAS.com or bsw.com as the support on some of the forums on them seem quite good.

I was looking at the media bridge as well, but i 'think' my car comes standard with bluetooth..will find out soon..cheers

$75 on turdme B)

$75 on turdme B)

where? the only one i can see is one like mine and they want 700bux!

isn't BT BT regardless of origin though?

Dunno, quite possibly but standard Jap phone system in them was different to ROW

where? the only one i can see is one like mine and they want 700bux!

Maybe I was just lucky.... It was unused & still in the box too.