Sign in to follow this  
Gotheschu

X5 4.6IS 2002

X5 4.6is 2002 171,xxx km's

Sadly, Dad is putting this up for sale as, his prioties are changing and he no longer needs a performance SUV but his loss is your gain.

This is a epic car, that contains BMW"s 2nd most powerful engine from its time, 2nd to the E39 M5.

NZ New so all the TV, etc works. Full service history from new. Previously owned by Gerry Hodges ( BMW car club president ), all the km's are motorway K's of commuting.

H&R Air Suspension sports pack ( which makes the handling even better than it was before ). Interior is in excellent condition, has been very very looked after, we have even had the silver interior door handles repainted, leather reconditioned professionally by Retro Leathers, wheels have no curbs what so ever, Gavin Bellars has adjusted the timing to get it down to a proven 5.9sec from 0-100, which is awesome from a car this practical. If you don't believe us, I am more than happy to pick you up and prove it.

Also has new radiator, thermostat, alternator, coolant hoses and painted brake calipers.

Those are the components that usually go first on these cars excluding the calipers =).

The 4.6is features lots of components featured on the E39 M5 including the steering, instrument cluster, brakes, and throttle body I think however im not sure on that last one. I've been told by many people that this X5 ( 4.6is ) looks so much better than any other X5 with its rear aero pack and 315 wide rear wheels ( 4 month old tyres with plenty of treed on all wheels =) ), an awesome exhuast note and best of all comfortable ride.

This car points and handles like nothing else, its size except maybe the ML63, or the SRT8 Jeep oh and maybe Turbo S Cayenne. Whats best is when your in a rush and you want to blat it, the V8 sounds "like a bear gaggling nails" ( quote from Matt45 ) =D but on the motorway or on the way home and your just cruising its so quiet.

A X5 4.6is with 80,000ks is on Trade me for around $55,000 so we are looking for around $32,000 ONO concidering the work that has gone into this car and its condition.

If you wish to come view the car or come for a run in it or drive it yourself please flick me a buzz on 021 997 661 or PM me. You are also most welcome to call Gavin Bellars @ Hi Velocity or Ross Lamb @ BM Workshop Botany if you want their view on the car and how good it really is =)

Selling on Dads behalf here =) not actually my car!

EDIT: It'll also be at the 2nd of Jan Track day at Hampton and the Xmas Cruise this Saturday for test drives, views etc

post-5250-1292382238.jpg

post-5250-1292382249.jpg

post-5250-1292382258.jpg

post-5250-1292382277.jpg

post-5250-1292382296.jpg

post-5250-1292382310.jpg

post-5250-1292382319.jpg

post-5250-1292382399.jpg

Edited by Gotheschu

With quotes like that ill be Jeremy Clarkson in no time.

Make sure he replaces it with something nice :P

e 39 m5 has eight individual throttle bodies

e 39 m5 has oil temperature gauge

Yip this car absolutely flies. Its uncanny to see a thing so big move so fast!

that is high praise!!!!

Seriously tho ... goes pretty good considering its.

Edited by Matt45

My favorite part of the X5 is the way the sway bar is all-the-f**k-up in the way when trying to take out the V8 gearbox. We think they designed the whole car around the sway bar. This is an unrelated post. I doubt any X5 owner would get underneath it.

Looks mint mate, my black 4.6is was heaps of fun. I got offered 36k for my 2005 facelift 108km X5 diesel today, this was a trade on a 05 530d M Sport. I was disgusted seeing I paid 25k more for it + the wheels at $3200 @ purchase only in FEB this year. They say it is just a sign of the times, yet I can't seem to find any facelift diesel X5's for 36k !?!?!?!!!?

Clinton's one holds the road better than an e30 with rickety suspension.

AND GETS BETTER FKIN ECONOMY.

that is high praise!!!!

Before Mum's ML500 we had a Hummer H3. The olds bought it for a bit've fun after we had it as a rental overseas. Honestly, it is a great drive. Handles really well (contrary to criticism) and has a great lock. We used to have a windy driveway which was quite narrow, with inches on each side in the Hummer. I found it easier to drive out than the Merc.

Looks mint mate, my black 4.6is was heaps of fun. I got offered 36k for my 2005 facelift 108km X5 diesel today, this was a trade on a 05 530d M Sport. I was disgusted seeing I paid 25k more for it + the wheels at $3200 @ purchase only in FEB this year. They say it is just a sign of the times, yet I can't seem to find any facelift diesel X5's for 36k !?!?!?!!!?

Mate, they'll put it in the lot for $50k. That'll give them a lot of leeway for having it on 'special' if it doesn't sell after a few months.

Mate, they'll put it in the lot for $50k. That'll give them a lot of leeway for having it on 'special' if it doesn't sell after a few months.

I've spoken to the guy later on yesterday on the side and he's having blues with his bosses there because he believes it will go on the yard for $54999 because one was on the yard for 3 days in CHCH identical with the 18" wheels done 70km for $64999 - no GPS or screen, just standard non-sportpac, didn't even have the towbar he said. He said because there's such a gap between the E53 and the E70 it somehow has to be bridged! He also said because the cars are similar valued it's the biggest reason why they offered me sh*t money.

What Im saying is there's a 20k difference for 70k more on the clock. And it was 58k few weeks back =)

If you don't like the price don't buy it =)

What Im saying is there's a 20k difference for 70k more on the clock. And it was 58k few weeks back =)

If you don't like the price don't buy it =)

He's talking about the pricing on mine haha!

I think I got 45k for my 4.6is about 2 years ago but it had 85km on the clock - done a part deal with a E46 320i import.

He's talking about the pricing on mine haha!

I think I got 45k for my 4.6is about 2 years ago but it had 85km on the clock - done a part deal with a E46 320i import.

LOL

Its one hell of a truck dude!!!!! But can't shift a 530i M-Spec in the wet :P

haha. bullsht. I wasnt going to thrash dads car in the wet. was going easy & had passengers! =) haha if i crashed it i would never be allowed near his wheels again. =D Edited by Gotheschu

Its one hell of a truck dude!!!!! But can't shift a 530i M-Spec in the wet :P

Sorry i ment 535i M spec Pwooned!!!!!!!!!! :D

Sorry i ment 535i M spec Pwooned!!!!!!!!!! :D

Who are you again? don't know who was who like what everyones bimmersport username was?

Who are you again? don't know who was who like what everyones bimmersport username was?

Perfect English mate, well done :)

Perfect English mate, well done :)

Clinton, do not mention anything school related to me in the holidays or so help me I will hunt you down haha.

Silver 535 uk import