Sign in to follow this  
matt45

Radar Hardwire

So I'm wiring in the V1 to where the lights are above the dash.

Conveniently i can't find the damn multimeter so.... can anyone shed some light on the following wiring:

Plug going the the light box directly above the shifter.

Brown

Brown w/ Yellow Stripe

Red w/ Blue Stripe

Red w/ Yellow Stripe

Grey w/ Red Stripe

I'm Guessing Brown (ground) Red w/ Yellow (battery)

Can anyone confirm this?

('02 E39)

Matt, yes straight brown is earth, can't remember the others specfically but none sound like true power. Best run to behind the glovebox & I would think you should be able find a purple/white which is acc.

You don't want it on straight battery or you will have to turn it off every time

Matt, yes straight brown is earth, can't remember the others specfically but none sound like true power. Best run to behind the glovebox & I would think you should be able find a purple/white which is acc.

You don't want it on straight battery or you will have to turn it off every time

dammit routing the wire is gonna b a pain in the ass, pity there is no sunroof wiring

if you dont have a multi meter crank out the bulb from the roof light and some wires, will soon tell you what has power and what doesnt.

DONT ^^^^ We are not talking an E30 here

if you dont have a multi meter crank out the bulb from the roof light and some wires, will soon tell you what has power and what doesnt.

you can always borrow my multimeter =)

already a put a multimeter across the 2 that could possibly be power .... but as hotwire has said there is no battery/acc feed.

I take that back, come to think of it I would have still been drunk and only skimmed the first post sorry :)