Sign in to follow this  
E30stz

My new shizzle - 56k no way

About a month ago I brought my first BMW. I was holding on for a 325 but this car was such a good example to pass up.

As you can see I really should have given it a clean before I took the photos but these pics were a more spontaneous thing I did while was assessing a construction site nearby. Granted my camera is crap, they came out pretty ok.

Its a 1988 320i in Royal Blue.

Mint condition, on around 118,000 km's

post-9-1113442268.jpg

will update - http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/787533 soon.

"Owner - Andy

Age - 18

Location - Auckland, New Zealand

Car - BMW 320i

Year - 1988

Colour - Royalblau Metallic

Body - E30

Style - 4 door Sedan

Km's - 117,000 km (as of 2/05)

Other details -

Clarion headdeck

Introducing my car. Competely stock late 80's E30. Have always loved BMW's and this here is my first car (purchased 2/05), I had been looking for an E30 for a good time before hand and the market had come to a slump just as I came to buy, and then I found this fine machine :). Sure shes a 2.0 L 6 cylinder engine but that was more than addequate at the time. I do wish to upgrade in the future, but as it stands at the moment being such a young driver and taking into consideration the size of the engine and number of cylinders this was the best I could do from an insurers point of view without getting a different brand of car. I'm really happy with what I've got and will enjoy it while shes mine.

The thing that attracted me to this car, was the fact it was kept in great condition by the previous owners. It looked to have been taken very good care of. I was furthermore convince that this was the car for me after finding out it was owned by the wife of a BMW Mechanic.

I pretty much decided before buying that I would find the BMW E30 that best suited me, generally I was looking for one that was in top condition, had a service history, had reasonable kms on the odometer, and needed zero immediate work done on it. Auto or manual wasnt a factor at this stage as I knew that would be able to be fixed in the future.

Why auto you say ?

E30's are hard to come by, and its not often you find a car like this in such fantastic condition, it seems you are better off buying an auto thats been owned by some old lady for hte past 10 years whose kept it in her garage and drives it once a week to the grocery store. That way it hasnt been thrashed, its got good paint and its in a clean condition that hasnt got any rust.

With the E30's manuals I looked at, most of them we're quite rough, paint was fading in places, and every so often you'd find a patch of rust lurking around them. Each of them were above what I were in the range of about 190 - 250,000km's which was a long way from the km's I was looking at.

At the moment the car is stock, there is not alot I can do to the car at the moment as I'm low on funds.

Future modifications include -

Mtech 2 Body kit

15-17" Alpina mag wheels or 15" Basketweaves

Mtech 2 Spoiler

Leather BMW Recaro style bucketseats

Auto - manual conversion

K&N Panel Air Filter

Lowered slightly"

Edited by E30stz

ordering new front and side clears , have just purchase off a dude on trademe some eyebrows for the front that need to be sanded - painted etc. Hopefully one day I'll get me a front kit. Still looking for a front black valance strip but there too expensive.

Edited by E30stz

Andy's 18 now... last i knew you were 17.. ah well

Thats really good a Andy, did a good job of washing your "e dirty" sweet car :thumb:

Andy's 18 now... last i knew you were 17.. ah well

Thats really good a Andy, did a good job of washing your "e dirty" sweet car :thumb:

actually its really dirty, covered blobs of mud all down the back side. And dust all over the front, funny it didnt really show up in camera. Tyres say it all.

Andy,

With those front clears, is it a whole actual light assembly needed replacement, or just the bit of orange plastic being made clear and getting orange bulbs? Cos if it is your could do a D.I.Y like old Bravo does. Hes really good at that stuff.