Sign in to follow this  
Gotheschu

X5 Hose snap. AA Fixed now dripping sound

Dad snapped a coolant overflow hose or something this hard plastic crap. was really brittle, so AA guy fixed it.

Now however this is a small amount of water dripped from somewhere it might but just water sitting in the engine bay after he housed it recently but not sure. We're going to keep an eye on the tempt guage tomorrow and fill it with heaps of water in case but kinda scary not sure though...

Edited by Young Jack

Dad snapped a coolant outlet hose or something this hard plastic crap. was really brittle, so AA guy fixed it.

Now however this is a small amount of water dripped from somewhere it might but just water sitting in the engine bay after he housed it recently but not sure. We're going to keep an eye on the tempt guage tomorrow and fill it with heaps of water in case but kinda scary not sure though...

I thought the whole cooling system got overhauled?

I thought the whole cooling system got overhauled?

Yea it did. real weird. But i caught some with my hand and it didn't smell coolant so im thinking its dripping from all the covers under the engine, from water that was sitting there after he gave it the hose.

almost sure its water from the hose as its all dried up now.

Yea it did. real weird. But i caught some with my hand and it didn't smell coolant so im thinking its dripping from all the covers under the engine, from water that was sitting there after he gave it the hose.

Can it be water from the aircon

What are you doing getting a clown from AA to repair a BMW?

I wouldn't trust them to put back a bicycle chain.

What are you doing getting a clown from AA to repair a BMW?

I wouldn't trust them to put back a bicycle chain.

plus one but maybe no other option at this time of year

noticed this parked at the top of the bombays with a aa ute behind it today, hope its not the same problem.

noticed this parked at the top of the bombays with a aa ute behind it today, hope its not the same problem.

=( guy who did the fix, when he did this temp fix that he vouched would last a few weeks... he had wrapped tap round the end of the hose blocking the water from getting through we got pictures of it and if there is any damage to the engine we'll be going after them.