Sign in to follow this  
ssbmw

My Hell Red Beast

That 840ci has everything you need....a powerful engine(ok,could do with another 300hp)proper manual box,rear wheel drive with staggered alloys,black leather interior(nice to see the early Tri-colour stripes & no dopey M on leather knob)M goodies, stunning condition/low mileage.

BMW's of this calibre/era are always sort after by the discerning buyer,top car SS.

That 840ci has everything you need....a powerful engine(ok,could do with another 300hp)proper manual box,rear wheel drive with staggered alloys,black leather interior(nice to see the early Tri-colour stripes & no dopey M on leather knob)M goodies, stunning condition/low mileage.

BMW's of this calibre/era are always sort after by the discerning buyer,top car SS.

Appreciate the comments Mr E34. I know you know your cars! Your 540is is just as special. Kind of cool having cars that are not that common.

Kind of unusual to have cars like the 540is which were not M cars to be made in such a limited run. These days, as always the M powered cars are obviously rarer than standard BMW's (even if not as rare as the old school M cars that had very short production runs) but you hardly ever have a limited edition run of special non-M cars like the 540is or the 535is.

Alpina B12 5.7ltr. :wub:

http://www.thealpinaregister.com/B12/5.7/coupe/10

(not trying to destabilise your thread...skewed sideways looking at more E31's)

I concur - what an amazing car. Evidently a far superior ride to the superb 850csi. One of my dream cars is the 850csi (the Alpina the ultimate, but hardly realistic). I am just paranoid that something may go wrong with the AHK 4 wheel steering mechanism. Anecdotally, they cost $22k NZD to replace. Some have removed the mechanism overseas but that devalues the whole special handling capabilities of the vehicle.

Then again, that is what you have to pay to keep a top-end vehicle on the road. If the SMG goes on the E60 or E63, you evidently won't get much change out of a $20k outlay either.