Sign in to follow this  
MGL

WTB: BMW e30 or e34 (manual)

I'm helping a friend track down a new car. He's after a manual e30 or e34, prefer e34.

Should be:

-Warrantable, or almost warrantable. (we don't mind doing maintanence stuff, cam belts, water pump, fuel stuff is all good also suspension work we're good to do)

-Tidyish physical condition

-B25 engine or bigger

-If e30 then a facelift model

Looking at around the $2k mark as that seems to be the goingish rate for e34's at least, but let me know what you've got for sale!

Cheers,

Matt

Might also be keen on an auto 525i as long as its cheap enough for us to warrant doing a manual conversion.

Cheers

2000 for a manual e34??I havent seen any that cheap .might get a less desireable manual e28 for that tho

You could be right, but there was a 525i manual e34 that sold on the trademe in early december for like $1450

(http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=334390462)

I brought one a year or so ago for 2K. And there was one that was up for $2500 a couple of weeks ago, so they're out there for that money.

We're just trying to expand the pool a bit more is all :)

You could be right, but there was a 525i manual e34 that sold on the trademe in early december for like $1450

(http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=334390462)

I brought one a year or so ago for 2K. And there was one that was up for $2500 a couple of weeks ago, so they're out there for that money.

We're just trying to expand the pool a bit more is all :)

well done i just havent seen it,so E34s are worth even less than i thought.. :(

Picked up my manual 535i for $1000 haha but seriously depending on condition nearly any manual e34 should get atleast 2.5 3k

1K for a 535 manual?! damn!! There's one in the auto trader at the mo for 1500, but the guy seems hell bent on never turning his phone on which sucks a bit.

We've also found a 525i manual, failed its wof on front shocks, the dude selling it was after $2300 for it, including replacement shocks but not fitted.

I'm inclined to be a bit cautious, its got an odd history. The guys wife said that it had been running on 5 cylinders for a bit, but they had an o-ring replaced and that fixed it (all I can think of there is an injector o-ring?) It also has a throttle flat spot.

What do you guys think? worth a punt or is it likely to require heaps more work?