Sign in to follow this  
Apex

Targa Bambina

Will be my first motorsport event and I look forward to seeing a few of you, I know there were a shed load of BMW’s at the last Targa, maybe not members on here?

Any tips or advice for a novice… other than don’t/do crash :mellow:

I will be doing it with my old man in his bright yellow gtr, come over and say hey. best tip is just work your way into it, seen a few people get over excited on the first few stages and end up having a prang.

Also plan what spares your car might need.

But good luck and enjoy!

Good one. On Targa tour, one thing I found hard on the longer stages was keeping my attention level up, I tell you after 20km and even at full noise up to 1**kph (what goes on tour) my mind started to wander… and some stages are over 50km at full attack… was a good prequel as we were doing some stages faster than main competitors in a stock road car.

I will be doing it with my old man in his bright yellow gtr, come over and say hey. best tip is just work your way into it, seen a few people get over excited on the first few stages and end up having a prang.

Also plan what spares your car might need.

But good luck and enjoy!

I will, was the GTR in the full event last year??

Spares you say. Yea I don’t even have a full sized spare wheel and can’t get one for my car in time, how’s that for prepared.