Sign in to follow this  
nzhaystack

e30 losing power

Hey Everyone,

Went for a drive out to kapiti today and about 20m into the trip i noticed my car would struggle to get past 2.5rpm and would be extremely sluggish it has done this before and i never thought much of it. I then stopped at the lights and thrashed it up to 120k and everytime i change gear i would wait until revs reached about 6000rpm. Once i had thrased it for a few minutes my power came back again and everything was as per normal but when i stopped i had to repeat the same process etc.. I have heard that i might be in need of a new fuel filter or is it something else?

Cheers

Mitchell

Edited by Mitch Wakefield

Hey Everyone,

Went for a drive out to kapiti today and about 20m into the trip i noticed my car would struggle to get past 2.5rpm and would be extremely sluggish it has done this before and i never thought much of it. I then stopped at the lights and thrashed it up to 120k and everytime i change gear i would wait until revs reached about 6000rpm. Once i had thrased it for a few minutes my power came back again and everything was as per normal but when i stopped i had to repeat the same process etc.. I have heard that i might be in need of a new fuel filter or is it something else?

Cheers

Mitchell

hmmmm :unsure: Do you reckon a bottle of that fuel cleaning stuff that you put in fuel tank should do the tricK?

hmmmm :unsure: Do you reckon a bottle of that fuel cleaning stuff that you put in fuel tank should do the tricK?

No....but drinking it could solve all your problems :P