Sign in to follow this  
M3_Power

KW Competition 2 Ways (Full Race Set up - As good as brand new)

Okay

These were part of the UK CSL Cup prescribed Dampers in the first season of racing before the rules changed allowing for open setups.

This is my personal set (so not the same set that I posted up before).

I purchased these with the intention of running them in my car, but I've changed my mind about running such a harsh race only setup in a non-caged car. When I got these they were in pretty good condition bar one or two minor issue (I am a perfectionist), so I sent the whole lot back on DHL Express to Germany just before Christmas for a full refurbishment (rebuild and replacement)

This particular set has been sent back to KW Germany for a full overhaul - so they are as good as new (actually they are still in Germany, and I am about to ship them back soon):

This is what has been done:

- Both front shocks are new (all new bump and rebound seals, oil, and shock body and new rods and teflon bearing guides)

- Both front top solid bearings are brand new

- Both front sway bar links are brand new

- Both rear shocks have been dyno tested and confirmed to be in as new condition (i.e. refurbished by KW at their Motorsport facility to ensure equal characteristics - anything that needed replacing or refresh were completed under their standard end of season refurbishment program for race parts)

What is used:

- Front camber plates - but because the bearings are new, so technically these are as good as new (they do look used and have had extra holes drilled into them by KW for running higher Camber angle (i.e. -3.5 or more) - I have however taken the studs out and put them back into standard setup.

- Rear top bearing mounts (these are still very tight and solid and did not need refurbishment or replacement).

- All springs and keepers are original items - but these have only had 1/3 of season of racing use, so really still newish. Current spring rates front and rear are 22kg/mm - only suitable if you are running full cage and full slicks. The shocks are set at 3000N full soft and 4000N full hard (i.e. full race spec). You can run softer springs for track use on these shocks.

So realistically the whole set is as good as a brand new set.

The cost of these brand new without springs would be just over NZ$6200 with shipping and GST.

Full refurbish cost was quite high (I will provide all the KW invoice to the purchaser)

I am looking at offers for these - otherwise I might just keep them and perhaps build a race car one day :rolleyes:

Call or text 021 281 0155

Edited by M3_Power

Anybody?? These will be back shortly!!

Will now include a second spring set that will allow these shocks to be used on semi slicks (and VERY occassional road use) not just full race slicks.

I would go have a wee chat with the e46 GTR guys in the open series.