Sign in to follow this  
Filter_nz

Window Tinting in Wellington / Kapiti / Hutt areas

I'm wanting recommendations and approx. cost to get my e46 4dr tinted.

Past cars have usually cost me around $300 - $350

I called a Tint Magic place in Porirua would said $420 for the 5yr warranty or $480 if I wanted the really good stuff with higher metal content which reduced heat better and had a life time warranty.

I’ve drive a company car for the past 5 years and they always use a ‘titanium x’ life time warrenty film and an outfit in Petone fit it (some guy from Wainui comes over and does them) and I’m pretty sure leaseplan isn’t paying $480!

I would've thought $400ish would be the premium. $350 for the good stuff, and $280 for the repco/supercheap quality film.

My question is -

1. What have other people paid

2. What is the difference in films (besides the tint level) and is it worth the money or just sneaky marketing.

3. Places in Welly / Kapiti / Hutt, maybe Palmerston North that people have used.

NB: I don’t want the nasty stuff that goes purple after 18 months either!! Whatever that rubbish is

was the first proper mod i did to my black car, cost me $350 iirc. Bastards didnt wash the windows before they put it on though, and in some places it shows. Tip: wash the inside of the windows before you drop the car off in case they dont. I cant remember the name of the place but it was near to Ford and Tonys Tyres etc in lower hutt.

We use Instant Windows & Tinting in the hutt work mainly, if my car needed doing thats where it would go. They have done 100's of cars for us and are very good.

Just go darkest legal (35%). Most places have some kind of warranty.