Sign in to follow this  
CamB

WTB: E36 child seat tether

Anyone have any of these - items 17-21 - for the rear shelf in an E36. It looks like E34, E46, E39, E32, etc all could possibly have them. Looking at the parts diagrams it looks like I need 7/16x35mm bolt not later 8mm one:

Posted Image

Price indication - extremely cheap please, lol.

I might as well take a pair - have matching ugly hooks in the parcel tray.

Anyone have any of these - items 17-21 - for the rear shelf in an E36. It looks like E34, E46, E39, E32, etc all could possibly have them. Looking at the parts diagrams it looks like I need 7/16x35mm bolt not later 8mm one:

Posted Image

Price indication - extremely cheap please, lol.

I might as well take a pair - have matching ugly hooks in the parcel tray.

That looks like the standard off the shelf one from Repco to be honest. Don't go to the Grey Lynn one, they're out of stock.

That looks like the standard off the shelf one from Repco to be honest. Don't go to the Grey Lynn one, they're out of stock.

Yeah that's a good point thanks! - its not rocket science -----> its a bolt and spacer (and I have them somewhere from an E30) and a suitable tether point.

However, it will make my wife much happier to know I have the real deal so if anyone can help...

Yeah that's a good point thanks! - its not rocket science -----> its a bolt and spacer (and I have them somewhere from an E30) and a suitable tether point.

However, it will make my wife much happier to know I have the real deal so if anyone can help...

http://www.bimmersport.co.nz/forums/index....showtopic=34163

The repco ones are a universal fit going into the factory mounting points as per my earlier post above. Up to you.

Up to you.

LOL - I wish. I merely provide opinions to my wife where child safety is the case. Oh the arguments we've had:

Her: "I don't like the way the car seat is so mobile - Isofix* would be better"

Me: "Its just because the seatbelt isn't locked as we're not crashing [then I turn and face her]. Look, I am mobile too."

Her: :angry:

* Her car has Isofix, I know mine doesn't.

Edited by CamB

LOL - I wish. I merely provide opinions to my wife where child safety is the case. Oh the arguments we've had:

Her: "I don't like the way the car seat is so mobile - Isofix* would be better"

Me: "Its just because the seatbelt isn't locked as we're not crashing [then I turn and face her]. Look, I am mobile too."

Her: :angry:

* Her car has Isofix, I know mine doesn't.

Fair enough, there are some domestic arguments not worth having. Saw you turning into Bacons Lane this morning too.

A Bimmersport morning then - I didn't see you but I saw hybrid at the top of queen st (sounded hot).

A Bimmersport morning then - I didn't see you but I saw hybrid at the top of queen st (sounded hot).

Umm, should I mention I was on the wrong side of the road entering the Chancery car park through the exit lane in a red Golf?

In that case, I definitely saw you. I LOL'd pretty hard.