Sign in to follow this  
byza213

lose of power and loud ticking

Hi guys

After not driving the car most of weekend yesterday went out and it seemed the car was not running normal , didnt feel right when i gave it some gas and when i did was a loudish sound which sounded like an exhaust leak more than anything

Apparently the tappets have already been adjusted not to long ago also :S

so it could be and exhaust leak or crack in manifold hopefully

if anyone is willing to come have a look for me be much appreciate i just dont want to be towing it around the place for no reason unless its last resort . as uve figured im not so much of a DIY

might pay to mention where you are located???

also what model and engine type it is ???

maybe on of the tappets has come loose (not done up properly or over tightend and stripped the thread)

Weird, I had the tappets adjusted professionally when I got the cambelt done last year. Pop the rocker cover off and make sure everything is alright under there. You should be able to hear an exhaust leak... but again, the exhaust on there was installed professionally.

I would come have a look but my car isn't very mobile either :( . If you don't get it sorted by this weekend I'll come have a look provided I get my own car together.

Might pay to get it taken into Glenn on the corner of Ormiston rd and Te Irirangi drive, hes not far from flat bush.

Best of luck dude.

My car was making a ticking noise after started it up, but after about 5 minutes of driving it stops.

Problem was the air con belt was loose that what I think glen said :unsure:

Give it to Glen he fixed my car now no more noise even he thought was tapper but wasn't at the end.

all fixed and shes running good at the moment

refit and repaired exhaust leak main problem then ,reset service lights ,reset airflow meter,oil change ,new spark plugs, clean airfilters,clean throttle body.

So you live around Flatbush aye, I've never seen your e34? I think I maybe saw one today silver or white onenot sure was dark ish it was touring one.

Edited by BadBm_

na i dont have the e34 anymore lol yup im from flatbush mission heights way

this was one off them was about 3 years back

Posted Image

i drive a e30 wagon now ive had it for about 2 weeks now

I live in toplands right next to missions heights, I drive a black e36 with badbm if you have seen me. I've never really seen any e30 drivers around botany area :blink: good to no there are some.

Is that your car in your pic the white one ? I think I saw you around 8 Ish near the china temple it was a wagon I'm sure was u then.

Weird, I had the tappets adjusted professionally when I got the cambelt done last year. Pop the rocker cover off and make sure everything is alright under there. You should be able to hear an exhaust leak... but again, the exhaust on there was installed professionally.

I would come have a look but my car isn't very mobile either :( . If you don't get it sorted by this weekend I'll come have a look provided I get my own car together.

Might pay to get it taken into Glenn on the corner of Ormiston rd and Te Irirangi drive, hes not far from flat bush.

Best of luck dude.

no worries max shes sorted

Good to hear! ps, the spark plugs were only ~10,000ks old ;)

Edited by tastic

Good to hear! ps, the spark plugs were only ~10,000ks old ;)

my fam friend whos are mobile mechanic did it.i didnt ask i was at work lol

all that work was under 150 :P