Sign in to follow this  
nzhaystack

e30 wont go into gear

Hey guys,

Was driving along today then stopped at lights and went to take off again and physically couldnt get my car in gear. I am buying a new gearbox fairly soon as my syncro on 3 has gone. I tried turning the car off and putting it in gear 1,2,3,4,5 and even reverse and still nothing. tried the same combination with the car on and nothing. I checked clutch reservoir and there is plenty in there :)

Cheers

Mitchell

did you put the driveshaft and guibo etc back together properly? does out put of the gearbox spin? does it feel like the gearbox goes into gear or will the shifter not move as far forward as it used to? when my linkage was shot i had the keep some pressure toward the lever to the left as i moved it in and out of gears to try battle the worn bushes

did you put the driveshaft and guibo etc back together properly? does out put of the gearbox spin? does it feel like the gearbox goes into gear or will the shifter not move as far forward as it used to? when my linkage was shot i had the keep some pressure toward the lever to the left as i moved it in and out of gears to try battle the worn bushes

Yeap put it all back together properly and it went a whole lot better lol. Nah doesnt spin at all because the gearstick is physically stuck in neutral.. i tried so hard to get it in gear that i broke the stick off and bent the shifter. Might be time to pay Jon a visit and get his gearbox off him :)

Yeap put it all back together properly and it went a whole lot better lol. Nah doesnt spin at all because the gearstick is physically stuck in neutral.. i tried so hard to get it in gear that i broke the stick off and bent the shifter. Might be time to pay Jon a visit and get his gearbox off him :)

wtf you shouldnt have tried THAT hard. you should have just left it when you realised it wasnt going to happen. if you are quick about it i can possibly help you pick it up otherwise youll have to find your own way or wait till i get back in the country

wtf you shouldnt have tried THAT hard. you should have just left it when you realised it wasnt going to happen. if you are quick about it i can possibly help you pick it up otherwise youll have to find your own way or wait till i get back in the country

Sweet, are you home tommorow?

Sweet, are you home tommorow?

im working every day till i leave. may be home arvo though but i have bookwork to catch up on i need to do so not really an option to you sorry unless its a quick visit

im working every day till i leave. may be home arvo though but i have bookwork to catch up on i need to do so not really an option to you sorry unless its a quick visit

haha allgoods ae :) i will have a real good look at it tommorow and see how minor/major the damage might be lol.. Still got that starter motor for sale?

haha allgoods ae :) i will have a real good look at it tommorow and see how minor/major the damage might be lol.. Still got that starter motor for sale?

yes do you need it?

hi mitchell,

sounds like it is getting from bad to worse mate

tow the car in

cheers

Jon