Sign in to follow this  
Tristan

If the center bore is smaller than my car...

yep, any machine shop should be able to do it, not costly at all. had some done not long ago for $20 cash a wheel

If 5 series E34 wheels have a CB of 72.5 and my E39 is CB 74.1 then they can be made to fit, given that the offset is correct which I'm fairly sure it should be ?

Correct.

Offset will be more or less the same, but you will need a machine shop to make the center bore bigger.

Wait, wont the wheels need to have 1.6mm bored out of the centre bore? surely thats reasonably expensive.

just make sure they know what they are doing....the hole MUST be hubcentric

Who would I get to do this?

as above, iam sure the Ak guys will point to the right guys

I know Brugar Engineering redrill wheels but I'm not sure if they will increase the bore size. Give them a call and ask, also try Arrow Wheels

I know Brugar Engineering redrill wheels but I'm not sure if they will increase the bore size. Give them a call and ask, also try Arrow Wheels

Brugar will do it, they did mine in Nov for $103.00 incl GST

Just about any machine or wheel shop should be able to do it or at least point you to the place that will. As for cost it shouldnt cost you that much. Even if they are larger hub size just switch to lug studs and use standard lug nuts. It will then switch your wheels to lug centric vs hub centric.

Just about any machine or wheel shop should be able to do it or at least point you to the place that will. As for cost it shouldnt cost you that much. Even if they are larger hub size just switch to lug studs and use standard lug nuts. It will then switch your wheels to lug centric vs hub centric.

ALL wheels should be hubcentric and not rely onthe studs tocarry weight.

Tristan... go to Wheelfixit, they do all of our work and they have a very very expensive fandangly computer controlled machine which they will use to bore out the wheels.

He said around $100-150 to get wheels bored but I'll probably get some kerbing repair and painting too :)