Sign in to follow this  
huff3r

1987 E30 320i Racecar

Ok so I want to learn to fly, and have big dreams of flying Jumbo's so unfortunately my pride and joy, that i have literally poured blood, sweat and tears into (and burnt flesh!) is up for sale.

What we have is a 1987 BMW 320i, built up to almost race series specs by me, partly at WINTEC on course, and partly at home in my garage.

She sports:

Reasonably comprehensive homologated rollcage, built at tech and painted a very classy matte black.

2 Jamex racing bucket seats, also a very classy black.

2 Jamex 6pt harness's, silver in colour, have maybe 2-3yrs left on their dates (But NZ dating is doubled now yeah?).

Koni race series shocks all round.

King springs (race series) all round.

Original bottlecaps, with fairly good tyres. - Will require 15' wheels and toyo r888s to be series ready.

Fram Airhog pod filter, in a custom oven tray stainless airbox.

Interior completely stripped bar the dash basically (of course).

4.10 race series compliant diff.

Also comes with:

Spare engine on stand (take the stand too, i dont need it), with blown piston rings? Smoked when warm, hence has been replaced.

Disk brake rear end, probably needs new rotors etc, and new bushes.

Various bolts and bits and pieces off the old engine.

So what you say do I ask for all this?

I was thinking about $8k to Bimmerpsorters, but she'll be on trademe before too long...

Has only been raced twice (once on each engine) at the Manfeild intermarque sprint series.

Also, car and bits are in Porirua but I'm in Blenheim. Newer pics will come next time I'm home, and I will be moving home at some stage this year.

Some pics:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#Note centre handbrake + gearlever surround trim thingys have since been removed.

Edit: as has racing steering wheel, replaced with tech 1 wheel wrapped in tape due to rips.

Edited by huff3r