Sign in to follow this  
Tristan

Anyone got an E39 Strut Brace?

Or one to fit a M5....anywhere. <_<

tried them, they tried to offer me a standard e39 one which wouldn't fit over the M5 engine cowel. Then they suspiciously stopped returning my emails when i pushed for a M5 specific product.

Edited by M5V8

tried them, they tried to offer me a standard e39 one which wouldn't fit over the M5 engine cowel. Then they suspiciously stopped returning my emails when i pushed for a M5 specific product.

One instance where my 3 litre wins :D

One instance where my 3 litre wins :D

colour me jeleous <_<

Got an order of front and rear strut and under body brace for the e30 from our forum sponsor: http://www.driveit.co.nz

In the post now and will be installed for next track day.

If youre having issues, phone brendon and see if UR even make a e39 v8 bar. If not maybe look at getting someone to fabricate one up.

Just a note about sway bars, they really do make an effect in sharpening steering/turn in however sometimes it can decrease the threshold in grip because the car has lost its flex to adsorb bumps better on the limit.

This I found to be a pain in the ass on the e46 for open road driving. You had to be a lot more alert.

On the track however its makes it a lot better. :)

Something to think about before getting one.

Just a note about sway bars, they really do make an effect in sharpening steering/turn in however sometimes it can decrease the threshold in grip because the car has lost its flex to adsorb bumps better on the limit.

This I found to be a pain in the ass on the e46 for open road driving. You had to be a lot more alert.

On the track however its makes it a lot better. :)

Something to think about before getting one.

hmm interesting ... i was about to jump on the bandwagon too.