Sign in to follow this  
Gunner

E46 Business Tape Deck

Just wondering if the tape units could display text instead of just CD-01 etc. Did a bit of research and found some conflicting answers. Some said that any models after 00 should be able to display it others say no.

Cheers

Just wondering if the tape units could display text instead of just CD-01 etc. Did a bit of research and found some conflicting answers. Some said that any models after 00 should be able to display it others say no.

Cheers

Some do some don't, im not 100% sure about e46 but i think it will only do text if its MP3 capable? (altho this is just my speculation)

Some do some don't, im not 100% sure about e46 but i think it will only do text if its MP3 capable? (altho this is just my speculation)

Depends... do you mean when using an aftermarket system like dice or grom...? Or do you mean in nomral operation?

Umm using a system like grom.

Then it should work. More than welcome to plug mine in to check - i was hesitant about my 00' e46 but the text works.

My Grom iPod unit came today, plugged it in works fine but can't get the text to show up on the tape unit. Tried using the simple mode and advanced mode but still doesn't read the names. Does your normal fm radio pick up the names of stations?

My Grom iPod unit came today, plugged it in works fine but can't get the text to show up on the tape unit. Tried using the simple mode and advanced mode but still doesn't read the names. Does your normal fm radio pick up the names of stations?

Yes it shows the names of stations that have the text but only when the RDS function is turned on.

Yes it shows the names of stations that have the text but only when the RDS function is turned on.

also, note i have a cd buisness headunit. but it shouldnt matter?

I didn't buy the usb model, i know i should of but i only have the aux in and ipod cable. So I don't have the option to use a config file on it. Also from all the threads i've read lately the cd unit seems to display text but the tape unit doesn't.. guess i'll just leave it as it is now.

I didn't buy the usb model, i know i should of but i only have the aux in and ipod cable. So I don't have the option to use a config file on it. Also from all the threads i've read lately the cd unit seems to display text but the tape unit doesn't.. guess i'll just leave it as it is now.

All you're going to get from the AUX is maybe text saying AUX

Yea I know but im using the ipod cable that was sent to me. Anyways im still happy with it as i kept the factory look and can still play my songs off my ipod. just thought it would be nice if i could get the names of the songs on the screen.