Sign in to follow this  
nzer

laser cut gauge panels

I found a website through e30tech, he is selling laser cut gauge panels for e30 on e30tech, r3vlimited and on his website http://www.hi-boost.com/store/. I have bought the 3 hole 2" centre vent gauge panel for $30NZD and i thought people on bs might be interested.

Thanks

I've got the 4 hole 2-1/16″.

How do you plan on attaching yours? I dont like the idea of glueing it in.

How do you plan on attaching yours? I dont like the idea of glueing it in.

He said it is a snug fit and I just have to push it in, ill see when it gets here. lots of other customers are happy with it so im guessing it works well.

Mine is not a snug fit at all, any sort of acceleration and it would fall out!

Mine is not a snug fit at all, any sort of acceleration and it would fall out!

It is not supposed to just fall out of place. Can you specify which gauge panel you purchased? The OBC gauge panel needs to be installed with the brackets that come with the gauges to hold it in place.

Posted Image

You open the sides of the brackets a bit to overlap the panel and have it hold onto the A/C control dash part.

It is not supposed to just fall out of place. Can you specify which gauge panel you purchased? The OBC gauge panel needs to be installed with the brackets that come with the gauges to hold it in place.

Posted Image

You open the sides of the brackets a bit to overlap the panel and have it hold onto the A/C control dash part.

Now Iv'e got some gauges in there it seems to be in there a bit more sturdy. Iv'e got VDO spin lock gauges and the locking ring kinda holds it in there.

Now Iv'e got some gauges in there it seems to be in there a bit more sturdy. Iv'e got VDO spin lock gauges and the locking ring kinda holds it in there.

Very nice, i am glad it worked out!

-Joel

what size hole do you need to run the common guages? im guessing the 2"???

Might be interested in getting some..

^^^^ Just over 2" Olli. 2.1/16 or 2.1/8 - can't quite recall. 1/16 comes to mind

^^^^ Just over 2" Olli. 2.1/16 or 2.1/8 - can't quite recall. 1/16 comes to mind

Standard aftermarket gauge size it's 2-1/16" Some companies do make a 2" and other who claim to be 2" it is really a 2-1/16". Either way on a 2-1/16" diameter you can oviously fit a 2" gauge.

-Joel