Sign in to follow this  
bmwNewbe

e46 retrofit advice

hi guys now this might sound like a pointless excercise but its not on my car its the wifes and shes hopeless,constantly forgets to turn on her lights,serious like how hard is it.lol

well firstly say u retro fit front fog lights into a e46 that never came with them the lcm has the signal wire from the switch down to the relay block with no relay or other wires so if u replace the faceplate to a faceplate with a front fog button then it allows that signal wire to power up when switched without the need to recode lcm etc letting u wire up a loom and relay then having front fogs.

now to what i want to try and find out, does anyone know if u put on a faceplate with the auto lights position on the switch is the module able to be coded or wired up to enable an auto function. i know a car without auto lights wont have a window sensor so im also looking to know if the wireing is in the mirror plug for the sensor as theres wires there for the auto dim mirrors.

if anyone has any know how on this it would be great.

its part of the rain sensor as far as I am aware, you would also have to get a new lcm and get it coded to your car, If you use a second hand one you will end up with the tamper dot on the cluster.

its part of the rain sensor as far as I am aware, you would also have to get a new lcm and get it coded to your car, If you use a second hand one you will end up with the tamper dot on the cluster.

you can remove the front of the lcm with a few flimsey locking tabs that changes the front with the buttons attached to your own programed module.

i have done that before on a car for to retro fit oem front fogs.but if need be i have a way to reprogram the lcm but its the meathod or wiring if any im unsure of.