Sign in to follow this  
Apex

Wanted. 235/40/18 Semi Slicks

Need to buy.

235/40/R18 Dunlop Semi Slicks. Used is fine just need them for Three days of Targa.

With the build cost of the car I can’t quite bite the bullet and shell out for new just yet.

If anyone knows of new at a good rate that would be great, want the H1 compound.

Cheers

Graham

Cheers. 60 would be too high and believe it or not with only 40% tread the R888's would not last two days of Targa. R888's just get minced on NZ's course chip.

They will be 235/40/18's as Toyo do not make a 235/60/18 in the R888. One of our customers has a whole lot leftover after just completing Targa (top 5 finish) but he uses the M compound. I can check and see if he wants to part with them?

Thanks Jono. Just spoke with Targa and the penalty for running non Dunlop’s id $500 paid to Targa not Dunlop? Figure that one out.

Looks like I will have to run Dunlop as over two events that’s $1000 in penalties and counteracts the savings.

Have been told to run with the R compound over the H as the H is too hard to be of benefit apparently.

Thanks Jono. Just spoke with Targa and the penalty for running non Dunlop’s id $500 paid to Targa not Dunlop? Figure that one out.

Looks like I will have to run Dunlop as over two events that’s $1000 in penalties and counteracts the savings.

Have been told to run with the R compound over the H as the H is too hard to be of benefit apparently.

yep, always has been... however rumour has it that Dunlop are no longer sponsoring Targa which in effect means any tyre should be able to be used.

Our custy has the M1 compund and they have been on an Evo 9. I am trying to get hold of him but they may be too worn for your liking.

I have loys of Targa "stories" to tell but probably best left for when you are having a beer.

Next meet then. Im doing the March one, Bambina.

Dunlop don't even sponsor it now and yet the $500 still applies. Oh well.

If you can get me a set of 50% worn Dunlops it should be OK for Targa Bambina.

I should have them here today. :)

Bambina is a blast... and this year you get to drive around the Coromadel... Lucky B@*t@rd!!!

Edited by zenetti

You wouldn’t be envious if you had my credit card bill!

Just quietly but they are closing parts of the pacific highway from Coromandel town to Whitianga for us. Would love to drive the closed road from Whitianga to Tairua, figures crossed.

You’re a legend Jono! I will be around Penrose at 2pm, could call in if that suits.

flick me a PM with your mobile number and I will call you when they get dropped off

Thanks, as the guy is not answering my questions I guessing they are old tyres, just wanted to know t date on the side. Race tyres go off after a couple of years and are useless apparently.

Jono has a lead on some tyres, will wait and see.