Sign in to follow this  
fatjoez

Suspension/Chassis Upgrade Recommendations?

What do you guys recommend in the way of suspension/chassis upgrades for a Stock 2009 135i

Want to keep it all under a grand

Sway bars seem to be typical starts?

Vendors???

Decent Springs (H&R), Strut Brace and maybe some bigger Sway Bars.

Thats what I would do.

oh right yea just want to improve handling/performance in general

I don't want the ride any stiffer so I'm not keen on springs/coilovers?

do those aftermarket steel braided brake lines make any difference in braking?

Would have thought 135i are pretty good handling to start with seeing it almost on par with e46 M3 on a track.

What don't you like about the handling at the moment?

oh don't get me wrong it's a great car.

Just feel like spending some $$ modding it a bit so yea looking to upgrade handling/performance :)

has the 1 series m-sport not got differnt suspension the same way the e46 does. if a stock 135i s near on power with a e46 m3 as another member said then sureley if you came across a set of m-sport 1 series shocks and springs it will drop it slightly and firm it a little also then m sport roll/sway bars will also help keep the car more level when cornering. that will improve the handeling and keep the car oem.

if you get the parts from a scrapy it will keep the cost down and give you what you want without going into coilovers or drastic measures.

Got to testdrive the 130's with the Mtech Suspension at Pukekohe race track and boy did they handle superbly.. I would be hesitant to adjust if it had this already.

What dont you like about your current suspension setup thats making you want to upgrade? is it that you just want it to be lower to the ground? too much body roll?

Have some swaybars going for a good price (clearance special), as long as your car dosent have active steering, this would definatley be one of the best upgrades! and the price they are going for is the best you'll get anywhere.

Cheers Keith.

021-378-912.