Sign in to follow this  
aaronmartin

Altenzo Tyres

Have them on the front of the 850, good value for money. Pretty good on the track, not because they have zero grip but because they didn't fall apart, far too often cheaper tyres fall to bits after 1 lap, managed to do 5 laps with no problems

What are they like for daily use? When I last changed from Yokohama to Hankook, I noticed a massive decrease in wet grip and more understeer in the dry, so I wonder if these will be better / worse than the Hankooks.

Hi Aaron

We import and sell Altenzo tyres and they are by far the best value for money tyres we have come across. They are more of a touring tyre than an out and out performance tyre, but in saying that not everyone needs a performance tyre. We have sold a lot in the last 6 months and have been getting great feedback about them. They are nice and quiet and offer good grip levels in both the wet and dry. They are designed and engineered in Australia but made in China to keep the costs down. The factory is relatively new (only a few years old) and uses German equipment. Unlike a lot of other Chinese tyres they also have silica in them.

I am not sure how they compare to the Hankook's as we have not had anyone give us any direct feedback between the two. If you are looking for a performance tyre then I would recommend the Toyo Sport Truck II over these. If you are lloking for a touring/commuting tyre then the Altenzo are unbeatable

cheers

Johno

Edited by zenetti