Sign in to follow this  
Polymer

95 318i E36 drivers window

Hey all,

I have a 95 318i that the drivers window isn't working, I initially thought it was the motor in the door, so I pulled off the door car and powered it up at the plug and the window went up and down fine, I then swapped the switches from the passenger one thats working fine to the drivers one and still doesn't working. I tracked down the clicking noise it makes when you press the switch to a black box behind the glovebox and found the wires from the motor in the door, with my multimeter I checked the output from these wires when you press the switch and my meter shows about 4 volts for about half a second and it clicks off again. I also checked the passenger one and thats getting a solid 12v when you press the switch (as you would expect)

Is this likely to be a internal fault in the box? i can't think of anything else to check. unless someone has a wiring diagram or something?

Thanks

Hearing that I would

A) Check the fuses just in case something is back feeding (not likely)

B) Find someone who has another box you can try

C) Book it in with someone and get it professionally fixed

In that order, if the fuses are okay and another box doesn't fix the problem may find its a wiring fault somewhere.