Sign in to follow this  
Nate

About pulling seats out...

Hi all.

I'm doing some small repairs this weekend, one of which is to address the squeaky seats that I have - going to try and tighten some bolts and throw some washers around.

The question is -

I've been lead to believe that If I remove my seat, I trigger the air bag check light on the dash, is this correct? is there a way to avoid the problem, I don't want to pay 25 bucks just to get a light reset, but if it came on, I'd go crazy looking at it - worse yet if it shuts off the cars computer (which someone else also mentioned it may do) I'd be in deep trouble.

Help?

91 - E36 320i. - japan import.

Cheers.

one of which is to address the squeaky seats that I have

problem solved, turn the stereo up!! :thumb:

I've been lead to believe that If I remove my seat, I trigger the air bag check light on the dash, is this correct?

I may look like a complete tard asking this, but are you sure it has airbags? I have the same car and it doesn't have airbags.

some came with airbags and some did not, i think it was more of a option back then

there arnt airbags in the seats so i dont see why it will make your airbag light go on

Have a look round for any wires or switches etc round the seat. See if you can find a way to reset the light yourself. It might be as simple as using a jumper wire (similar to E30 inspection reset)

Hi all.

I'm doing some small repairs this weekend, one of which is to address the squeaky seats that I have - going to try and tighten some bolts and throw some washers around.

The question is -

I've been lead to believe that If I remove my seat, I trigger the air bag check light on the dash, is this correct? is there a way to avoid the problem, I don't want to pay 25 bucks just to get a light reset, but if it came on, I'd go crazy looking at it - worse yet if it shuts off the cars computer (which someone else also mentioned it may do) I'd be in deep trouble.

Help?

91 - E36 320i. - japan import.

Cheers.

I think the passenger seat has a weight sensor in it that triggers the airbags if someone is in the seat.

If you remove the seats the SRS computer will set the light on and I think its a dealer only job to reset it.

Have a search on the web....google is your friend.

i think that if you disconnect the battery that will prevent any triggering on the airbag light side of things,just make sure you have everything connected up correctly before you connect the battery again....You may also need to check if you need a radio code or something too

Edited by kiwi535