Sign in to follow this  
JaseNZ

E46 Multifunction sports steering wheel (sold)

Had this kicking around on trade me and its now taking up room

For bs members I will let this go for $150, You will never get one cheaper anywhere else.

Sold pending a couple of things.

Edited by M-Spec

I have the same wheel but non multifunction obviously in the E46. So if I were to get it does it basically just plug in and go?

I have the same wheel but non multifunction obviously in the E46. So if I were to get it does it basically just plug in and go?

Afraid not, You would have to do a little cable running but its very easy and I have all the instructions for doing it somewhere here and i have also a diy thread on here as well. You would also need to do a quick check on your slip ring to see if it has the accommodating male plug for the mfl to plug into but if you already have the 3 spoke i would say you would be fine.

edit : Here is the link for the diy Visit My Website

Edited by M-Spec

I have this in my car now. Was swapped for $90.

What would the cost of the air bag be any idea?

I have this in my car now. Was swapped for $90.

What do you mean swapped? the whole wheel or just the button panel, I wouldnt mind doing the same on the E39, different steering wheel obviously..

Had this kicking around on trade me and its now taking up room

For bs members I will let this go for $150, You will never get one cheaper anywhere else.

>>Trade me auction<<

hello.. 1st post, been on forum for a little while and would be keen to get the cruise control going :D (for obvious reasons...)

just to confirm, the price will include all cabling needed? if so I’ll grab it :)

hello.. 1st post, been on forum for a little while and would be keen to get the cruise control going :D (for obvious reasons...)

just to confirm, the price will include all cabling needed? if so I’ll grab it :)

Its the wheel with the multifunction buttons etc. Already has the plugs from the buttons to the slip ring but you would need your own cables I am afraid, But $5 - $8 dollars from jaycar or similar would do it. I also have the the full instructions for which cable plugs into where that I can send along with it.

What would the cost of the air bag be any idea?

Over a thousand dollars from BMW and good luck finding one from a wrecker... they normally sell them with thier own wheels :(.

What do you mean swapped? the whole wheel or just the button panel, I wouldnt mind doing the same on the E39, different steering wheel obviously..

The guy who imported my car got another 5er in with this steering wheel in it. I asked if I could have it and he said sure just pay the cost of labour so his mechanic swapped our steering wheels and it costed me $90.00. ;)