Sign in to follow this  
kiwi535

535is anyone

Guest Spargo

HOT HOT HOT.

Is that price fair? What would one pay for such a good looking / optioned car?

i paid 16200 for mine a couple of years ago,as for the price the market will decide but its got ALL the good stuff....its basically a m5 look a like,inside they are identical except for the oil temp gauge..I sat in a m5 at taupo and apart from the leather colour and the gauge it was the same...even the stereo

Hey Kiwi535, Slightly off topic but... have you had any experience with an M50 E34? M50 525= multi valve (VANOS option 1992 onwards I believe) and 192 hp while 535= 208-210 hp. They're almost identical weight. I'd say an M50 525 would give a standard 535 a run for it's money- especially VANOS model with improved low/mid torque. Was looking at this 525 M50 (manual) that's been on trademe for a while versus the 535is you pointed out (also been on for a while) and thinking... well: which car is more interesting (apart from bodykit of the 535is)

Oh and... yes please to a 535is: I'll have one thanks- if I could afford it right now that is

Damn I want to get back into a manual car (beamer)!

Edited by arros

I too think that it's a good price, would go for more than that I would've thought, again it comes down to whatever someone would pay for it.

yes on the surface it appears the 525 m50 is very close but i have been told the 535 feels much gruntier...cain would disagree...compare the torque figures they tell the real story...the 535 is old technology,M50 newer....in the real world the 525is prolly a more sensile car.The 535is is probably the only way to get into a manual 5 series,altho i think there is a manual 535 on trade me at the moment.

I would have thought that 12500 was a good price too,i am watching carefully.

M50 24v 6 - 2494cc 220 km/h 9.5sec 189hp / 192bhp 184ft.lbs@4200 Rpm 10.5:1

M30 6 - 3430cc 235 km/h 7.7 sec 208hp / 211bhp 225ft.lbs@4000 Rpm

Edited by kiwi535

Speaking from experience Andrew? So I should stick with an E34 535i then

Guest Andrew

Speaking from experience Andrew? So I should stick with an E34 535i then

yes.. we have an m50 auto 525 and a manual m20 525.. both are some of the slowest cars i've ever driven.