Sign in to follow this  
mrad01

M3 vs RS5 on top gear in the UK Sunday

Apparently Jeremy tests the M3 competition package against the new Audi/VW/Skoda RS5....

Head to your fav finalgear dot com site for a pickup Monday morning...

I thought Clarkson was very complimentary of the M3, in fact more so than nearly every other car he reviews.

I was happy with that!!! Having driven the S5 (not RS5) around before purchasing my BMW I can see exactly what he was going on about. Their handling is not up to the BMW standard - but good enough for street use.

Funny how people think 4wd means more "grip". If you think about it, you still have the same contact patches as a 2wd - so the grip is the same. With a 4wd you potentially have more "drive" out of a corner.

I knew a guy who had one of those legnum 4wd things and he said it held on in the corners much better than a 2wd...I argued that point, but he never got it.

Perhaps if he wasn't pushing it so hard into the corners and used the 4wd to 'drive' him out of the corners he would've been much closer to the m3?

But hey, i'm sure he knows how to drive things which don't go sideways...................