Sign in to follow this  
Andre3000

TPS Receptacle Needed for loom.....

I need a plug for the throttle position sensor. Its a 6 pin round plug with a wire clip to hold it on securely, could be off an e34, e32, or e28. Heres a picture i dragged off the net which looks exactly like the TPS i have.

Posted Image

Part number on the throttle body is 1270711 and the bosch TPS is 0280120406, i need the receptacle for that TPS to adapt my engine loom.

I'm planning to use this in conjunction with the motronic 1.3 e30 loom, and may have just found out that i need a tps for manual as apparently that round one is for auto only.

Can anyone provide any useful information? or make sense of the part number? as realoem isn't showing any results.

Cheers

I was also under the impression that the only E30s with that round plug TPS were ones with switchable auto boxes. I have a spare flat 3 pin TPS if needed.

Andrew, I've seen plenty of those round plugs, but don't have any here, Brent or Marty should be able to help. Can't you just change the tps, or even the whole throttle body? I have both of those.

I was also under the impression that the only E30s with that round plug TPS were ones with switchable auto boxes. I have a spare flat 3 pin TPS if needed.

Are you running the flat pinned tps on yours? im pretty sure they switch over no? that'd be sweet as if i could grab it off you. Id still need the damned plug tho.....

David, i gotta pick up a hose fitting off off Brent anyway so i'll give him a holler tomorrow and see what we can come up with.

Edited by André3000

Are you running the flat pinned tps on yours? im pretty sure they switch over no? that'd be sweet as if i could grab it off you. Id still need the damned plug tho.....

David, i gotta pick up a hose fitting off off Brent anyway so i'll give him a holler tomorrow and see what we can come up with.

Give me a yell if Brent can't help, I'm sure I can.