Sign in to follow this  
Carlkb

E30 Race Engine

E30 race series engine for sale $1800 firm.

Engine has done 145km but was refreshened by the guys from Barvarian motors for the BMW e30 race series approx 10 events ago.

Comes with mahle high compression pistons, ECU, wiring loom, baffled sump, extractors & airbox.

Under the current race regulations this engine won't comply with a motronic. That said all that's required is to change to a jetronic and you're back up to race regs. Or use it as a powerful, reliable road engine.

Selling the engine because I have installed a 2.7 alpina motor in the car for Targa.

Have been told by engine builders, given the condition and money spent on getting the engine to where it is, that I should ask and get over $2500 for the engine. I just want to get rid of the thing so I can spend money on other things.

Any queries let me know.

post-2248-1298530821.jpg

Saw the auction on TradeMe today just before it closed, only just had chance to ask if you ever had the engine dyno-ed at all?

Sorry, just saw your response on the auction. What was the figure on the dyno, and what work was done in the overhaul?

Edited by E30 325i Rag-Top