Sign in to follow this  
jksnz

E46 328i

I have a E46 328i - 2000 model that is making a high pitched squeeling noise when running.

So far - belt tension kit replaced, intake system checked and parts replaced, brakes checked by Claytons in Takapuna.

high pitched noise, does not change in volume or pitch when in motion or under acceleration. Think of a the noise you get then spinning metal on a lathe and cutting the metal (hope it makes sense)

I noticed it happens when it hot outside and I run the air con..

Any thoughts...Claytons are struggling to get it resolved and the noise is driving me crazy...

thanks

was the ac tensioner replaced?

will check with them, not sure at the moment

if it only happens when the aircon is switched on then its likely that it is either the aircon tensioner as above or perhaps the aircon pump bearings or clutch unit..

if it only happens when the aircon is switched on then its likely that it is either the aircon tensioner as above or perhaps the aircon pump bearings or clutch unit..

they havent replaced the aircon tensioner, so will check whn the car is back with them next week. Trust my luck it has stopped making the noise now. Will keep update as soon

thanks for your input.