Sign in to follow this  
quik6

Help with fitment

Hey.

Interested in buying a set of 19" mags that have just came of a e60, and wondering if they will fit an e39?

They also come with tires 245/35zr19 for front and 275/30zr19 for rear. Would these fit fine on my e39? Currently got some 225/55/r16 stock on at the moment.

Short answer.I doubt it.

An E60 has a different hub size than an E39. And with those tyres it will be jacked up like 4x4

the e39 has a odd hub diameter,74.1 mm,whereas the e60(and just about every other 5,67,and 8 series BMW has a 72.5 hub).They will fit if you get the hub machined to suit the e 39

Short answer.I doubt it.

Incorrect sorry sir - The wheels may need a hub modification but other than that the tyres are the correct size.

the e39 has a odd hub diameter,74.1 mm,whereas the e60(and just about every other 5,67,and 8 series BMW has a 72.5 hub).They will fit if you get the hub machined to suit the e 39

Exactly right - however the e60 may be using locating rings as the bore may already be 74.1. If the centre bore is 74.1 then they will bolt straight on, otherwise you will need to get the centres machined out to suit.

Edited by zenetti

Sweet thanks for that!

I'll ask the seller and find out. How much would it be to get the centres machined?

Incorrect sorry sir - The wheels may need a hub modification but other than that the tyres are the correct size.

My bad

Any wheel will fit any car, depending on how much money you spend making them fit.

Do not want.

Any wheel will fit any car, depending on how much money you spend making them fit.

great bit of advice to give a noob :D .

You must have an awesome engineering shop :lol: . Try putting a 19x10.5 on the front of a commodore!

Not everyone wants the hella flush, poked and stanced look. The majority of people just want a good looking wheel that fits legally and properly without the addition of spacers, guard rolling etc :P

Back OT - Matt - it is generally around $100 to get all 4 wheels machined out but you wil have to get the tyres stripped off first so that they can put the wheel on the lathe. We have new options available in 19" with new tyres for under $2k

cheers

Johno

Edited by zenetti

great bit of advice to give a noob :D .

Come on Johno it was excellent :D. Didnt want to crush his dreams.

What about Hella big?

post-538-1299111218.jpg

I am glad you saw the sarcasm font... other members on here *cough cough* would probably have gotten their e-panties in a twist :D

BTW - nice perspex on those wheels - something for you to contemplate on the m3??

Forums should be a positive place, no negativity around here. In the end were helping people out with knowledge right? not making our internet egos bigger haha.

I didnt even notice the wheels had perspex in them. Must be worth more now though being 2 peice lol

What about Hella big?

post-538-1299111218.jpg

looks like the tyre tread is just glued to the alooominum(which is bolted to the perspex)What on earth would that profile be!