Sign in to follow this  
Tristan

How should I go about lowering my E39?

Springs if u just want it low. (i'm guessing around 400-500 fitted? ... the E36 was $350 for jamex i think)

Replace shocks and springs / get adjustable ... if you've got a large pot of money and want good handling (cert req. for adjustable).

Mike/323e30/Synthe do E39 springs and install pretty cheap from memory..hit him up

Not much point in changing out shocks/ getting adjustables IMO Tristan. Talk to Keith (SUSPENSION on the forum)

he brings in most of the H&R stuff. That would be the way to go I reckon. I would imagine it wouldn't be much more than 400-500 dollars

Edited by AJ_D

Im assuming u want it for looks?

Like everyone else said. Springs will do, unless your shocks are dead..

Keith does do good deals on H&R goodies. In saying that, I have got cheaper H&R stuff from the states including shipping.

Shop around!

Edit: I bought some H&R springs from the US for $250 NZD

Edited by DrphTa

PS. I thought you were selling?

springs vary in price as mentioned in the posts above.

However.................

The cost is in the labour on E39's. The rear springs are a PITA to get to, and you have to remove the rear seats, parcel tray etc to access the rear shock. Budget around 3-4 hours worth of labour so probably between $600-$800 incl installation.

I picked up my H&R springs from Keith for the front of my car. there are no lowering springs for the rear because I have self leveling rear suspension.

Add my front lip and I have to be VERY careful at every service station, speedbump, driveway....whatever really.

It does scrap.

I dropped about 25mm and that would be the MAX I would recommend for "daily" use.

I can just fit two fingers between the guard and tyre.

Overall VERY happy with the stance and ride (even on 19"s). Highly recommend H&R Tristan, Keith was great to deal with.

Edited by M5V8

since you got a mpsort tristain i'd say shop round for some nice adjustables, since you dont have edec shocks or self lowering, would be able to get quite low and have nice stance I also know good bmw mechanice who could install it for around $300 thats how much it cost to have my adjustables put in my seven

Just buy the springs and do it yourself. It's not that hard at all... just time consuming. You could easily do it in an afternoon.

Just buy the springs and do it yourself. It's not that hard at all... just time consuming. You could easily do it in an afternoon.

How about I buy the springs and you do it?

I'd have no idea how to go about doing that.

Can do. 500$ installed. takes a while to do rears but I strangely enjoy it. can do 6 or 8 cylinder. (excluding self leveling rear e39s)

09 2689657. or text only to 0210390073 Cheers Mike.

Edited by 323e30

Ive had a good search but cant find a photo, we did a v8 and it was aprox a 40mm drop and the 6 cylinders are approx 30-35mm drop. Looked really good and both customers were happy with the results.

yep, holla at cha boi

Ive had a good search but cant find a photo, we did a v8 and it was aprox a 40mm drop and the 6 cylinders are approx 30-35mm drop. Looked really good and both customers were happy with the results.

How long would you need the car for?

Why you so lazy Ryan!

yep, holla at cha boi

Bro can you do mine too? I will give you beer haha, lots of beer, just after you have done the car though, don't really want my spring falling out of the seat, riding bumpies only feels like an adventure for 20 meters