Sign in to follow this  
TIZZLA

Wonky sunroof

My sunroof doesn't sit flush on one side.

The previous owner has done heaps of dodgy touch ups and hes been pissing around with the sunroof quite a bit. I can see some rust has been touched up in the sunroof channel, and its a bit hard to wind it in/out.

Anyway when you get it into its closed position its on an angle is there any way to adjust this? It sticks out on the right side by about 1-2cm

It has probably been taken out & miss timed when put back. You will probably have to remove it to check then refit correctly

My sunroof doesn't sit flush on one side.

The previous owner has done heaps of dodgy touch ups and hes been pissing around with the sunroof quite a bit. I can see some rust has been touched up in the sunroof channel, and its a bit hard to wind it in/out.

Anyway when you get it into its closed position its on an angle is there any way to adjust this? It sticks out on the right side by about 1-2cm

If its the same as an electric, see the attached link. You need to remove the lower panel and then there are torx screws that fix that top panel to the frame. Take care when disconnecting the two little links that go back inside the roof. They are held on with a tiny slip-on type clip which can no longer be bought as a new part. A screwdriver with a flex joint and a torx tip is would be very helpful.

http://www.r3vlimited.com/headliner.pdf