Sign in to follow this  
Aza13

E30 Constant Flat Battery

Hey guys,

Im having a problem with my '90 e30 325 where if i dont drive the vehicle for a couple of days then the battery always goes flat and i have to jump start the car. This has happened three times now.

What are possible reasons for the battery to constantly go flat or be drained? Any help would be great, thanks.

Hey guys,

Im having a problem with my '90 e30 325 where if i dont drive the vehicle for a couple of days then the battery always goes flat and i have to jump start the car. This has happened three times now.

What are possible reasons for the battery to constantly go flat or be drained? Any help would be great, thanks.

how old is the battery?

YES CHECK BATTERY AGE ,

also check what current drain when the thing is just sitting there .

check the glove box light is not one (broken switch etc)

YES CHECK BATTERY AGE ,

also check what current drain when the thing is just sitting there .

check the glove box light is not one (broken switch etc)

Thanks i will check glove box and boot lights.

Its a brand new battery so shouldnt be the battery

Thanks i will check glove box and boot lights.

Its a brand new battery so shouldnt be the battery

have had new batterys fail before .

get yourself a meter and measure the amps if draws when sitting there and then slowly remove one fuse at a time to see which one makes a difference,

also the door locking solinoids and door locking control modules fail in these cars .

do all the central locks work ??

hey guys does anyone know why my gear selection panel LED in Park is always on? Even why my car has keys out, locked and sitting for hours. or is it meant to be like that? If so what a waste of battery power.

Im just checking that this car has not been singapore "engineered" or something.

hey guys does anyone know why my gear selection panel LED in Park is always on? Even why my car has keys out, locked and sitting for hours. or is it meant to be like that? If so what a waste of battery power.

Im just checking that this car has not been singapore "engineered" or something.

probably best to start your own thread than hijack one thats only remotely related to your issue. You'll get a better response this way :)