Sign in to follow this  
DRYICE

Good auto electrician in CHCH?

Hi there, anyone know of a good auto electrician down here in CHCH? Can't get a warrent until "Brake Light Failure" is fixed. Any thoughts?

presumably you ve checked bulbs connectors etc and there are no problems with blowing fuses or obvious short circuits,it may be the brake light switch.I know this is a common problem with E34 5 series maybe it is with e 36,s as well.Your local bmw dealer may be able to suggest a electrician who knows his bimmers....

Guest Andrew

Hi there, anyone know of a good auto electrician down here in CHCH? Can't get a warrent until "Brake Light Failure" is fixed. Any thoughts?

do the brake lights work?

If they do then the WOF station must WOF you regardless whether your car thinks it has a broken bulb.

Guest Andrew

Yea the lights still work, is only coming up on the computer. WOF place told me i gtg it fixed.Cheers

tell them to get f**ked.

You most definately do NOT have to get it fixed. Unless of course they are talking about an ABS light?

tell them to get f**ked.

in the nicest possible way of course!!!.Ask them to show you in the "book" where it says a warning on the dash prevents you from getting a warrant!

My 'brake warning light' comes on when there's water in the rear tail-lights.Which I think is a common problem with E-30's.

I've orderd some new rubber gasket thingies, pick them up tomorrow.Hopefully that will solve the problem of water in me boot too.

Ps. Sorry to dredge up these old posts, but it's a bloody good site you've got here. :bowdown:

My brake light warning thing comes on every time I start the car it goes out when the pedal is depressed the first time... I agree with Andrew though I'd probably be a little more polite about it, is OBC part of the WOF check?

cheers Matt

unless the parts on the OBC are true it shouldnt be.....i hate WOF people some times...like the prick who tried telling me that my exhaust was lower than 100mm so i couldnt pass

homo

What computer light are you talking about, not the check light?

Can you disable the computer light then go get the warrant?

YO yes i havent had that prob but have had the brake light warning up on my dash, and all pads were fine if this is what you mean.

Take your wheels off and check the bits of wire going down to the calipers as one of mine had eithe not been attachd or something, anyway i couldnt find where to put it on so just threw a short across both contacts and the light amazinly dissapered!!

cheers hope it helps