Sign in to follow this  
AN E30 Fan

E30 Windscreen Leaking

After the recent weather Auckland has had, my car has decided that it wants to start leaking from the top left corner of the windscreen (passenger side). It seems to be leaking from the rubber seal but my car has a sunroof and I believe the drainage points from the sunroof run down through the A pillar, past where its leaking from.

Is it likely that somehow the drainage holes have rusted and are leaking?

Sorry for being vague and I realise that I should take it out so Glenn can look at it but I just wanted to find out if its common for the drainage holes to rust.

Edited by AJ_D

After the recent weather Auckland has had, my car has decided that it wants to start leaking from the top left corner of the windscreen (passenger side). It seems to be leaking from the rubber seal but my car has a sunroof and I believe the drainage points from the sunroof run down through the A pillar, past where its leaking from.

Is it likely that somehow the drainage holes have rusted and are leaking?

Sorry for being vague and I realise that I should take it out so Glenn can look at it but I just wanted to find out if its common for the drainage holes to rust.

My Drainage holes for my sunroof have also rusted, and from what i can see it does drain down the A pillar. It is also on the left hand side and when water is flown through the holes on my sunroof drain hole on the left hand side it doesnt come out where you would expect it to. I most likely have the same problem as you however my windscreen is sealed down nicely and doesnt seem to affect anything.

Could easily be a rusted sunroof drain hole, or even perished drain pipe (as they are rbber pipes leading from the drain hole down to the guard). I've removed a sunroof bracket where most the bracket was rusted through..

Cheers for the replies, funny thing is that I poured 200mL of water down the drain hole to see if it would leak and nothing happened... maybe it is just the sunroof seals.