Sign in to follow this  
dbkiwi

E30 dash. Small cracks appearing :/

OK my E30 dash is showing very small signs of cracking (i.e. 5mm) and I'm terrified it's going to open up. Can anything be done to repair the starts of cracks before they expand and look terrible?

I've seen cracks repaired (plastic welded) but the eventually they open up again, nothing seems too permanent?

Just do what I did, prevent more damage and hide the current ones with a dash mat.

I've seen cracks repaired (plastic welded) but the eventually they open up again, nothing seems too permanent?

Just do what I did, prevent more damage and hide the current ones with a dash mat.

Thanks for that. Where can I get plastic welding done? I'm not keen on covering the dash with a mat or similar. I don't have a cover for my iPhone either. I prefer to see the designs as they're intended :)

Most panel beaters should be able to do it.

Thanks for that. Where can I get plastic welding done? I'm not keen on covering the dash with a mat or similar. I don't have a cover for my iPhone either. I prefer to see the designs as they're intended :)

Don't know where you reside but Fibrenew in Hamilton fix them. There are bound to be other similar upholstery/trim repairers around the country

Guest Ari Gold

Dylan, your best bet is to buy a new one - the latest E30 dashboards are made from the same material as the new BMW dashboards.