Sign in to follow this  
nordschleife

IBUS for Mini

A friend of mine has just bought a 2002 Cooper S. We are keen to do use Navcoder and scan each of the modules. I have the resler interface in my M5 where I use the CD changer connector to connect to the ibus.

The Mini does not have a CD changer and if it is pre-wired, the wiring is not obvious. Where is the best / easiest place to connect?

Thanks in advance.

Can't help Matt but I too am curious on that one.

Have only had a brief play with a Mini - sorting a nav disc for an ex UK one. Even the nav unit is hidden under panels under the drivers seat & not easily accessable.

Has it got TV - video module?

If no nav - behind the radio:-

Look at the WDS, see what devices have the ibus, decide which device is easiest to access-.....

If you don't want to watch the ibus traffic, consider just using the dbus on the obdii connector

Thanks guys. Going to give it a bit of a service today. WDS never seems to work properly for me. Will try via OBD and report back. It's NZ new so no TV / Nav etc.

Couldn't get OBD working on the Mini - works great on the M5 though.

Next issue is that the WDS navigation works on the left hand side but the image / diagram doesn't show on the right. Has anyone managed to get it workong on IE 9 Windows 7?

Once I've got that working I'll connect up to ibus.

Cheers

Matt

Couldn't get OBD working on the Mini - works great on the M5 though.

Next issue is that the WDS navigation works on the left hand side but the image / diagram doesn't show on the right. Has anyone managed to get it workong on IE 9 Windows 7?

Once I've got that working I'll connect up to ibus.

Cheers

Matt

Hi Matt,

try this site, seems to work better than the other one.. http://www.bmw-planet.com/diagrams/release/en/

Make sure that Java software is updated on your pc..

Dean

Edited by Dogballs