Sign in to follow this  
reelGOOD

E39 Flasher Relay Location

Hi all,

For the life of me I can't find any info on where the flasher relay for the indicators is hiding on an e39. Im wanting to swap it out for a different one so that I can change my bulbs to LEDs without using resistors.

Do e39's even have a flasher relay or are the indicators controlled by the LCM in this model? The fact that I cant find any info on it leads me to believe that this is the case.

Any info would be much appreciated.

Hi all,

For the life of me I can't find any info on where the flasher relay for the indicators is hiding on an e39. Im wanting to swap it out for a different one so that I can change my bulbs to LEDs without using resistors.

Do e39's even have a flasher relay or are the indicators controlled by the LCM in this model? The fact that I cant find any info on it leads me to believe that this is the case.

Any info would be much appreciated.

There is no flasher relay.

The LCM controls the pulsing of the indicator lamps electronically.

It sends a data signal to the instrument cluster, and a clicker in the cluster is activated to make the good old fashioned sound of a flasher relay.

There is no flasher relay.

The LCM controls the pulsing of the indicator lamps electronically.

It sends a data signal to the instrument cluster, and a clicker in the cluster is activated to make the good old fashioned sound of a flasher relay.

Ahh I see. So if thats the case, can the LCM be recoded to change the flash rate of the indicators and stop the hyper flashing you get when LED bulbs are installed?

If that is the case then you shouldnt have any issues with installing led replacement bulbs. I would speak to the retailer about it as I'm sure they would of designed the products with this in mind.

Ahh I see. So if thats the case, can the LCM be recoded to change the flash rate of the indicators and stop the hyper flashing you get when LED bulbs are installed?

Yes and no.

You can switch off the cold and warm monitoring, depending on model and version of LCM you have

Whether it affects the flash rate is something you have to try and see.

Yes and no.

You can switch off the cold and warm monitoring, depending on model and version of LCM you have

Whether it affects the flash rate is something you have to try and see.

Is this something you can do Josh?

You can do more in NavCoder when you work with the raw data

Procedure:

1. Dump the CodingData to a file

2. Send me the file, include your VIN

3. I can look at the data and tell you what data to change, and send you the command for it

You can do more in NavCoder when you work with the raw data

Procedure:

1. Dump the CodingData to a file

2. Send me the file, include your VIN

3. I can look at the data and tell you what data to change, and send you the command for it

I have no idea how to do this :blink:

I have no idea how to do this :blink:

then don't even start