Sign in to follow this  
DrphTa

Cluster playing up

So I had a workshop pull my power steering pulley out to get me nowhere. - Beside the point

Now my OBC isnt calculating properly. Range, speed, consumption & temp do not change at all. On the drive home my Cluster, AC unit, window switches all were not lit. The back light had gone but the gauge works fine. So do the switches and AC etc. The odometer & OBC are still bright and they pulse with the headlights on

Have checked fuses and the earth.

Any suggestions?

check the dash dimmer is not turned down , or sometimes they fail .

also check the fuses and the battery terminals around the fuse box also the earth strap bolts are tight etc

Yea definitely not turned down as the back lighting went out when I was driving.

Fuses are all fine and so are the grounds

The grounds I know of are both the suspension towers. Drivers sider under the positive feed from the boot and passengers side on the headlight side. Is there another engine ground on the underside by the steering rack?

Even if the bulb or dimmer has gone my OBC screen is still perfect. My range, consumption and speed still do not work but my outside temp does?