Sign in to follow this  
Matt

Facelift E30 guard rolling

Not sure I'm quite putting this in the right section but oh well. I am doing a 5 stud conversion on my facelift E30 coupe with e36 m3 stuff up front and 318ti stuff out the back. I have some wheels that I have my heart set on fitting but just want reassurance that I'll actually be able to!

Obviously with the e36 hubs, I should be fitting wheels with an offset around 40, but my wheels were designed to fit an e30 m3 so are much lower. I don't want to reveal exactly what they are yet but the specs are:

Front: 17x7.5" et17 with 205/40 tyres

Rear: 17x8.5 et20 with 215/40 tyres

So please, tell me I'm not mad before I end up getting those guards rolled for nothing!

Not sure I'm quite putting this in the right section but oh well. I am doing a 5 stud conversion on my facelift E30 coupe with e36 m3 stuff up front and 318ti stuff out the back. I have some wheels that I have my heart set on fitting but just want reassurance that I'll actually be able to!

Obviously with the e36 hubs, I should be fitting wheels with an offset around 40, but my wheels were designed to fit an e30 m3 so are much lower. I don't want to reveal exactly what they are yet but the specs are:

Front: 17x7.5" et17 with 205/40 tyres

Rear: 17x8.5 et20 with 215/40 tyres

So please, tell me I'm not mad before I end up getting those guards rolled for nothing!

as long as e36 hubs on an e30 don't widen the track too significantly (you'll have a better idea of that than i do) then you should get away with it. it might be a tight squeeze on the rear but i've seen 4 stud e30s running zero offset 15x8s without too much difficulty. if they are slightly too wide and the hub faces on the wheels have enough metal on them just get them machined back slightly. if you need this done and you're in chch flick me a pm. i'll buzz a bit off them for a box of beers :)

I don't even a little bit want to machine back the hub faces. Cheers for the offer though. They're too rare, I'd sooner sell them than risk ruining them. Although obviously I'd prefer to do neither haha.