Sign in to follow this  
Goonrider

2001 X5 issue

Have a 4.4i 2001 X5. Been parked up in my garage for a while becuase we tend not to use it alot. The battery was flat so had to jump start it. Imediately a warning buzzing sound came from under the dash and even when i turn the key off the buzzing noise still carries on. Even disconnected the red battery cable under the hood but still keeps buzzing. Any way thought id take it for a drive to to see what happens. Drives well for about the first 15 mins then starts to make a real weird jerking movement if you accellerate hard. Almost like a transmission problem or running out of petrol. (But its not). When you stop the car and try and start it again it keeps turning over without starting. But if you wait for about 5min it fires up again. On the dash says check rear lights. Anything you guys think i can try just to check before taking it too the shop.

Forgot to mention the buzzing noise turned off after about an hour of the car sitting in the garage. But when i opened the door again this morning the buzzing noise started again. Interior lights stay on. Transmission light stays on even with the key out.