Sign in to follow this  
bmwNewbe

e46 320d egs fault code

as the title suggests ive got a recurring fault code, now this is not through the generic scanner or bmw's scanner but through the nasty carsoft so as i dont have much experance with carsoft im not sure how serious to take it but here go's.. the code came up as follows:

11 EGS signal disturbed

egs is for Electronic transmission control,this is the bit that throws me,now i havent the covers pulled to have a look yet but my car is a manul and on most cars there is no electric control on them so was wondering if there could be a sensor or the like faulty.

car is a e46 320d 5 speed manul pre facelift.

thanks Will.

Carsoft may not be determining the error code correctly...get it checked by the dealer

with the hours im having to keep at the moment any dealer or garage with dealer level equipment is long since shut by the time i get home,so had just got a friend to hook it up to clear the airbag light and thats when we came across it. would there be any sensors of the like on a manul 320d box.

What menu / control unit did that error code occur in ?... I'm not familiar with the Carsoft product and how the info is shown on it's screen

its an inst cluster fault, there is also a dde fault but it does not say anything other than just 05 but again thats just a carsoft code. i will have to try and get it hooked up proper but was hoping somone would be well enough in the know to know what the code ment and a possible fix as im just not able to get anywhere due to my crazy hours of work at the min.

is there any pc baised tools that would be more accurate than carsoft that might be able to shed a little more light on the faults. the mate spends all day working on computers and wouldnt mind getting another system up and running to try out.lol