Sign in to follow this  
mossline

96 E39 speakers cutting in and out

This morning on my way to work my speakers on the right side of the car cut out when going round a right hand bend. Came back on again a few seconds after levelling out. Very strange....

I just wondered if anyone had had something like this before who if anyone might be able to impart some knowledge as to what could be causing it before I rip apart the door panels and go wire hunting.

maybe dry solder joints in the amp mounted in the left rear of the car .

This morning on my way to work my speakers on the right side of the car cut out when going round a right hand bend. Came back on again a few seconds after levelling out. Very strange....

I just wondered if anyone had had something like this before who if anyone might be able to impart some knowledge as to what could be causing it before I rip apart the door panels and go wire hunting.

Check for chaffing on the wires on the rear parcel tray, just where they go to the speakers. I've seen an E39 where this happened, put the amp output stage into protection mode, stopped sound