Sign in to follow this  
stolen

BMW 320 WOF Problem!!!

hey i just joined up. i just went to get my wof on my e30 320 and it failed. They said the springs were too loose! Its been lowered on springs.... Wondering whether anyone can gimme some advice on how to get this sorted as cheaply as possible cos im a student and on a almost null budget!

Thanks,

stolen

either change the springs or put shortened shocks in. Cheapest option is to find some standard springs and put them back in.

I guessing that you have either cut down springs or springs that arent designed for the car. I assuming that the springs can move around when the car is jacked up

Probably the cheapest option is to get some standard springs or alternately get a correct set of lowered springs for the car.

The only other way is to limit the travel on the strut....and that is a strip down of the strut or new strut territory...expensive

i see... thanks guys... i was reading some stuff on the forums and some people have said you need shortened shocks if you have lowered with springs? Id like to keep the car lowered if possible as well....How much would i be looking at for these or where can i get some standard springs if all else fails?

Thanks!

Stolen

I assuming that the springs can move around when the car is jacked up

Yes this is what happened....

Guest Andrew

Get some spring pads for the rear. I have some you could WOF the car with - I just need them to get my WOF also hah.

That is the cheapest option.

Wreckers will have them also.

what is the deal on spring pads? Just different heights available? I assume they cant be stacked

Guest Andrew

what is the deal on spring pads? Just different heights available? I assume they cant be stacked

they are mainly there to make sure the springs aren't loud. Yes there are different heights for front and rear

hey Andrew can i get some more info on the spring pads? i rang around today and most places (Pedders Suspension and The Shock Shop) say around 750 for shortened shocks in the back and to machine the front ones or 550 to change the springs. Neither of which i can afford! :( One place said they can do something to get the wof for around 60-80 bucks per wheel which seems like the best option for me right now.

How much would it cost to get these pads on and off bro?

Thanks for all the info...! :bowdown:

Heshan

Guest Andrew

would take around 10 mins to put in rear ones - not much longer for fronts (if you need them) just need to compress the front spring a bit.

hey i know you guys are busy people but wondeirng whether youd be able to help out a poor student? the cheapest option i have now it the 80 per wheel which comes to 320$!!

Guest Andrew

hey i know you guys are busy people but wondeirng whether youd be able to help out a poor student? the cheapest option i have now it the 80 per wheel which comes to 320$!!

what is the 80 a wheel option?

is it just the back or the fronts as well?

heaps of people on here would have standard springs lying around, just post in want to buy.

what is the 80 a wheel option?

i dunno the guy said he can "do something for me to get the WOF" a assume placing some sort of padding like you said?

With the $100 shocks bemmboi is selling i was thinking of getting it but with installation and things it will end up being very high i think... (cost) wouldnt it??

just wondering how much time and money it would take to remove the lowering springs to get the wof and then put them back on after i get it? I assume it takes a long time??

Guest Andrew

a demented deer could install rear shocks. It doesn't take long.

look, if its just the rears then buy the shortended shocks. Simple. If you can't install them then a shop would do it in less than an hour easy.

If its front and rear then buy some standard springs. Rears take 10 to fit and front maybe 2 hours. Then you'll also need an alignment.

look, if its just the rears then buy the shortended shocks. Simple. If you can't install them then a shop would do it in less than an hour easy.

If its front and rear then buy some standard springs. Rears take 10 to fit and front maybe 2 hours. Then you'll also need an alignment.

yeah they are all four of them... Sweet thanks guys.