Sign in to follow this  
Jay 735i

dent removal recommendations west auckville

Can anyone recommend a panel guy or dent removal service out west Auckland? Just want a couple of dents popped out and prepped for painting, I'll be doing the paint myself but just do not have the patience for filling and sanding...

ha ha awesome... I'm actually going to try that, I have just the dent to give it a go on. There's a couple of others that will definitely need the hand of a professional, but for the one I'm thinking of...

Awesome!! Let us know how you get on...i'm really interested to see if it works but have not had a dent for ages :rolleyes:<_<

Will try and get to my local Jaycar this weekend and get a can of air cleaner, then see how it goes

Will try and get to my local Jaycar this weekend and get a can of air cleaner, then see how it goes

So hit the local Jaycar yesterday and got the air cleaner. Got home, grabbed my GF's hair dryer and got stcuk in...

... I can safely say that it was a complete resounding... well it didn't work... I'd say both dents I tried it on are now slightly shallower, so it did something, but they are certainly still there and there certainly wasn't the successful dent removal the youtube vid shows... ah well, for $18 for a can of air cleaner, it was worth a try.

Edited by Jay 735i

So hit the local Jaycar yesterday and got the air cleaner. Got home, grabbed my GF's hair dryer and got stcuk in...

... I can safely say that it was a complete resounding... well it didn't work... I'd say both dents I tried it on are now slightly shallower, so it did something, but they are certainly still there and there certainly wasn't the successful dent removal the youtube vid shows... ah well, for $18 for a can of air cleaner, it was worth a try.

Air cleaner dosent get cold enough. You need some thing cold like CO2 or some thing and invert the can so that liquid CO2 comes out.

Air cleaner dosent get cold enough. You need some thing cold like CO2 or some thing and invert the can so that liquid CO2 comes out.

Air cleaner is just a different name for the same product the guy in the vid uses. Got the liquid CO2, got the ice building up in the car, it was definitely cold enough...

Ive read that in doing this you will damage the cars clear coat and paint. Over time the clear-coat will flake off and the paint will crack due to the extreme temperature changes that occurs when doing this.

Any damage to your paintwork?

No immediate signs of damage to the paintwork, no. If it's a long-term issue, then the car's most likely to be repainted before then anyway.